The Oregon ACTE Excellence Awards seek to promote excellence in career and technical education by recognizing individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the field, programs that exemplify the highest standards and organizations that have conducted activities to promote and expand career and technical education programs.
Award categories for individuals are:
- Outstanding New CTE Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding CTE Teacher of the Year
- CTE Administrator of the Year
Award categories for individuals (or) programs are:
Click each of the awards above for more information.
Submit (1) the name(s) of the person, team, or program, (2) the award nominated for, (3) the application, and (4) three letters of recommendation to OACTE by 5 p.m. on March 14, 2014.
The failure to receive qualified candidates for any category will result in the suspension of that award for 1 year.
A committee will select award winners using the criteria listed below. Selection will be completed in time for the persons submitting nominations to be notified, and arrangements can be made to have the winners in attendance at the awards ceremony. It is not mandatory that winners attend the conference. (The failure to receive qualified candidates for any category by this committee will result in the suspension of that award for one year.)
The CTE Awards review committee needs members. We need a good demographic example of our State for this committee, and therefore would like to include as many geographic areas, subject areas, and work responsibilities (secondary, post-secondary, counselors, teachers, administrators, and business and industry) as possible on this committee. Furthermore, this gives the awards that much more value.
Please contact OACTE @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-688-8774 if you are interested in serving on the review committee, want to suggest someone else, or have questions about the awards process.
2013 OACTE Award Winners
Congratulations to the following individuals:
- Career and Technical Education Administrator - Mike Corley, Pine Eagle High School
- CTE Leadership - Sherry Cole, Grant ESD
- Outstanding New CTE Teacher - Allison Meadows, Sherwood High School
- CTE Teacher of the Year - Sarah Melonuk, Philomath High School
- Community Contribution to CTE - Ken Wright, Ken Wright Cellars
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Andrea Newton, Lane Community College